Friday, July 1, 2011

Purple for my Mama

 Happy Friday!
It seems like forever since I posted a card for you....so sorry for that! But here I am now with my sweet Mama's birthday card for this year!  She loves purple so I just had to make a purple themed card for her!

What's better than a big ole birthday cake on a birthday card.....nuthin'! Heehee!  I got this digi image before I was smart enough to make separate files for each designer....sorry I don't remember where I got this one!
The sentiment is a Kim Hughes stamp that I think I've used about a million times! I just love her hand writing!
The little purple things around the cake is supposed to be confetti. I'm not so sure I achieved the look I was going for, but anyways...I made them using tiny circles I scrunched up around the end of a pen.
I wrapped the book I got her in some tissue paper I had in my stash and then made a flower using crepe paper.
I just gathered, twisted and wrapped the crepe paper into a flower and then cut out a few leaves to go along with it. I like how it turned out!  By the way...the book I got her is The Pioneer Woman Cooks (Ree Drummond) and I thought Mama would enjoy reading it.  It has recipes and beautiful photography and funny things and since she loves recipes, I thought she'd enjoy this book a lot.

Well that's about it for today! Thanks for stopping by to see me and please do come again! Until then, have a wonderful 4th of July holiday and I'll see ya next time! HUGS! :)

P.S. Be sure and visit my house blog on Sunday the 3rd for a peek at my mantel scape I created for the 4th of July!

Pin It!

3 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOh, how gorgeous and yummy looking this is, DeeDee! Love the wonky cake image (wouldn't it be fun to have a real one like that?) and your confettie is so cute! Beautiful wrapping for your Mom's present too! Bet she loved it. Happy Birthday to her and happy 4th to you! xxD

Carole Beath said...

DeeDee, this card is just fantastic and purpley wonderful. Love that confetti...great idea.
Hugs
C.
Happy 4th, girlie...

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh I KNOW your Mama LOVED that card!!! Who wouldn't!!! the wonky cake is fabulous and love how you did the confetti!! Awesome job, girlfriend!!
hugs!!

My Cards