Monday, January 2, 2012

One More New Year's Card

Happy Monday! 
I hope you have been having an awesome holiday and have been able to get lots of rest and relaxation!  Did you set yourself a new year's resolution?  I haven't yet, but I normally do, so I just have to make myself decide what it is I want to accomplish this year!

Now, on to my card today.  I used one of The Cutting Cafe' files to create this little lovely.  I don't know why, but black and white always says New Year to me!  The set I used is an older set, but so much FUN, it is called Holiday Big Words.
I just printed it out onto Kraft card stock and then used my Nesties to cut it out.  I added some rain dots for a little more pizazz.
I took a bit of black velvet ribbon and tied it into a bow shape with some button twine and a vintage button. I love old buttons...always have!
I'm always on the lookout for old buttons anytime I go to an auction or yard sale.  I like to try and imagine what piece of clothing they were on and who wore it.  It's fun!
Do you send cards out to your friends and family for New Years?  If so, this one and a few others are still left in my Etsy shop if you need it.  I've also added lots of Valentine cards if you'd like to shop early!
I hope this card shows you how you can use one of Regina's printable stamps to create a lovely card with just a few bits and pieces of stuff you probably already have in your stash! Regina is having a Cyber Monday sale today, you can check it out HERE!

Be sure to check out my post from yesterday for a FREEBIE I created just for fun! Go grab your copy if you'd like to!

Thanks for stopping by today. Please come again really soon, but until then...have a lovely day!  HUGS! :)

Pin It!

4 comments:

Carole Beath said...

Anything designed with black and white rings in elegant. Anything designed by DeeDee rings in fabby wonderful. Love this card. Have a wonderful 2012 my friend.
Hugs
Carole

Sandy Ang said...

Love it's chic B&W look !

Sharon Caudle said...

Hey chicklette!!!!! Look who's stopping by! Don't have a heart attack! LMBO!! I had to come back to work to actually have a few minutes to blog! shhhhh...HAHA!!! Great card and Happy New Year my friend! Now I'm off to see all the rest of your fabulous creations I've been missing!
hugs!!

Regina Easter said...

love me some black and white.............LOVE THIS CARD...

My Cards