Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pretty Poinsettia Tag

Happy Wednesday!
Baby it's COLD outside! Brrrr! We've had snow already this week and some very cold temps to go with it! It's definitely winter here in Texas!
Today I have another fun little Christmas tag for you.  I used a sentiment from The Cutting Cafe' set called December Daily 2.  It's loaded with FUN! Please do go check it out!
I printed it out on Kraft card stock then cut it out with my Nesties, added a few red rhinestones and then topped off my tag with it.
I made the ruffled center piece by cutting a strip of the poinsettia paper.  Then using one of my Martha Stewart punches, I punched along one edge.  Then I carefully scored in between each scallop, folded back and forth and then glued it to the scalloped piece of card stock you see behind it.  Lastly I centered it with a vintage button.
You can make these without using the punch along one edge, but I think they are really pretty with it and it also gives you an easier guide for your scoring and folding.
These are simple to make, but look a bit elegant when you are finished in the end.  I made two different sizes and both are for sale in my Etsy shop right now!

A beautiful tag can dress up a plain bag or wrapped gift and make it so much more special to the receiver.  I can imagine using this tag on a plain Kraft paper bag or maybe even a gift wrapped in the brown shipping paper. That would be GORGEOUS under the tree!

Thanks for stopping by today. Please come again really soon, but until then...have a lovely day!  HUGS! :)

Pin It!

2 comments:

bonnie said...

Oh wow girly this is such a gorgeous tag....fabulous! ;) Hugs x

Regina Easter said...

your just soooooooooooooooo darn good...love it

My Cards