Monday, September 12, 2011

Gratitude Cork Pumpkin

Happy Monday!
We are having the most wonderful "below 100 degree" weather here in Texas lately...now if we could just get some rain! Even though its still hot outside, I'm already thinking Fall!
Today's card has a few new items of fun on it.  First is the awesome polka dotted paper I created using The Cutting Cafe's new set called With Gratitude.  I used Kraft paper to print it on.  My new 3 in 1 printer I received for my birthday sends the Kraft paper through like a champ! I love it! Thank you honey!
Next up is the cork!  I was visiting my local Lowe's {its our second home with the remodeling we are doing HERE} and there they had a big ole roll of cork for about $6.  I grabbed it up and put it in my basket! Score!  I created the cork pumpkins using my oval Nesties.  For a "how-to" make a pumpkin, look HERE.  One more fun thing is the paint chip.  I always grab 5 or 6 when I go to Lowe's.  Have you seen all the things you can do with paint chips on Pinterest?  Look HERE!
Here's my little sentiment circle that I printed on the Kraft paper too.  It's from The Cutting Cafe' set called With Gratitude as well.  This set has 75 images.  I used another paint chip of the same color and my Nesties to punch out the scalloped circle to back the sentiment.
Of course I had to use another old book page.  They call my name ya know, it a must use item these days! Heehee!
That's it! One cute little punkin card all done up in lots of Fall colors!  Be sure to go over and check out all the FUN stuff Regina has for Fall and Halloween.  Oh and then please stop by The Cutting Cafe' Blog.  Every Wednesday Regina posts a bunch of ideas from the design team.  It's sure to get your creative juices flowing!
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you've enjoyed my card.  Please come back really soon, but until then.....have a lovely day!  HUGS! :)
I'm linking up with:
Todays Creative Blog

Pin It!

8 comments:

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

Hey there Ladybug!!! LOVE this card girlie. The background paper looks fabulous and that cork pumpkin....GORGEOUS!!! The twine and sentiment add the perfect touches. uuummm PAINT CHIPS???? What an AMAZING idea....I have to go pinning now....see what you started?? hee hee HUGS!! T

Sharon Caudle said...

How cute is this??!! Love the pumplin, DeeDee!! And that bright red against the kraft looks awesome! Fabulous polka dotted papers and the twine is the perfect touch! Love it!
hugs!!

Regina Easter said...

oh deedee, this is spankin girl...you so know how to put some colors together and i love the cork pumpkins.....big hugs

Erika said...

I like what you did with the cork! And your cards in your shop look amazing!

I hope you stop by It’s a Wrap Link Party at Artful Rising and share your post.

Carole Beath said...

How wonderful this is.... I love the colors used to create this fantastic card. Love it a lot.
Carole

Anonymous said...

I love no idea why but I am so in love with cork so when I saw this I was pretty excited! Really love this, the text, the pumpkin the CC image...
Have a good one!!!!

Leah

Laura Davis said...

This is sooooo CUTE!!
Laura

Jeri said...

Fabulous stuff on this card, DeeDee. I love the images printed on the kraft paper. Excellent idea! Those little cork pumpkins are just darling.

My Cards