Monday, June 13, 2011

Wild Wooden Zebra Frame

 Happy Monday!
Well even though Summer doesn't officially arrive until June 21st, we are already having Summer here in Texas! WOW! If you wanna melt just go outside for a bit.....gosh!

On Saturday we went to a La Quinceañera.  It was the first one I've ever attended and let me tell you, it's all about the little girls! WOW! What an elaborate party! The food was wonderful, the music was loud and the little lady in the spot light was BEAUTIFUL!
You know me and recycling.  When we received the invitation, I just knew I had to make her something out of it. Dummy me didn't snap a picture of the invite before I took it all apart! Duh!  This sweet little feather embellishment was on the original invite, so I used it!
The invitation was printed on the pretty turquoise paper and then laid upon the zebra print paper.  That was her theme, zebra print and turquoise blue. GAWGEOUS!  I made the scrunched up flower using the blue paper.  I cut as many little circles as I could and then wadded them up, flattened them out and then crunched them up again and formed the flower.
I also punched out some tiny flowers from the blue paper to cover the seems I had by piecing the papers together. Lastly I added LOTS of rhinestones, because what little 15 year girl doesn't love bling? lol!  Oh, I forgot to say that I applied the zebra paper to the wooden frame using Modge Podge.

There ya go! One super easy little gifty that will help her remember her special day! I hope she liked it!  Thanks for stopping by to see me today.  Please do come again real soon, but until then...have a lovely day! HUGS!

Pin It!

2 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

I'm sure she adores it, DeeDee!!! What an awesome idea to use her own invitation to cover the frame! You are so creative and the queen of recycle! :) LOVE LOVE LOVE that flower! Hugs!!

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG, what 15 year old wouldn't love this!? Totally fabulous, girlie! I'm a sucker for zebra myself! xxD

My Cards