Friday, May 13, 2011

Graduate 2011

Happy Friday!
WOW! I thought Blogger had given up on all of us! I was ever so slightly worried!  Thank goodness we are back up and running! Yay Blogger! THANK YOU!

Today's card is a fun little guyish card.  I used to be afraid of making guy cards, but after a few years of practice.....I've become pretty comfortable with making them.  My general rule is no frillies or bows on my guy cards.  I think I've achieved that here today!
Uuuum, maybe.  I used some raffia I received wrapped around an Etsy purchase {yes, I save everything} and then added a vintage button and some button twine. And yes that is a bow, but I think its legal cuz its made from twine! lol!
This diploma was cut from the Cricut Wild Card cartridge as well as the numbers.  The numbers don't offer a shadow feature so I just cut one set in the printed paper and the other set in the solid paper and then staggered them when I glued them together to give the shadowed look.  I also added a little detail with my Copic marker to make all the lines the Cricut cut show up a bit better.
Well, that's one more graduation card down and I may have one more to make...I better go check on that! I hope you've enjoyed my card today and if you did, please leave a comment to tell me so! I love reading your sweet words!

That's all for now, please join me again next time...but until then, have a lovely day! HUGS! :)

Pin It!

2 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

What a wonderful graduation card for a guy, DeeDee!!! Love the rafia and you're right...twine bows don't count and are totally legal!! LOL! Great card!
hugs!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Great male card, DeeDee! Not girly in the least bit! Sorry I've been MIA. Got lots to catch up on, I see. Been a little overwhelmed and for some reason I can't sign into my blog through IE like I usually do so I either have to go to another server or to my laptop. What a PITA!!! It's slowing me down, big time! xxD

My Cards