Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Recycling a Greeting Card I Received - Pretty Yellow Bird

Happy Wednesday!
Talk about recycling in big way! I created this card with the focus being on the pretty yellow bird. It started out a little thank you card I got from an Etsy order I received not too long ago! I saved it because the bird really caught my eye!

All the papers came from my scrap bin, even the yellow scalloped circle. I saved it from another project that I ended up using something else on. I used the music paper scrap because birds always remind me of music. I also found the card base in my scrap bin too....not sure why it was in there, but it worked great for my birdie card!
I hand stitched around the outside for that extra special touch...I've been doing that a lot lately. Then I tied a pretty yellow bow and added some sticky pearls. Just lovely, don't you think?
To me the flowers I added match almost perfect to the ones in the birdie picture. I thought that was pretty cool! Hmm, I wonder what kind of bird this is? Do you know?
I didn't put a sentiment on this card because I thought I could use it for almost any occasion...I think I could even use it for decoration! LOL! Oh and it just may end up in my Etsy shop too!
So, wont you try and make a card using your scrap papers from your scrap bin? It's really fun digging through there trying to find just the right papers...or at least I think it is! LOL! Oh and it always makes me feel better to use up scraps rather than cutting up a whole brand new piece of paper.
Anyway, until next time, have a lovely day! HUGS!

Pin It!

4 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous, DeeDee! Love that you recycled and the extra touches make it extra special! xxD

Carole Beath said...

What an absolutely delightful card, DeeDee. I love everything....the bird, of course, is a wonderfu center attraction, but I love the papers, the ribbon. Heck, girl...I love everything on this card.
Hugs
Carole

PeggyLovesVintage said...

Hi girlie, it's a yellow finch and you have really done wonders with him! These fun little birds change color in the winter and become a dull army green with just a little tinge of yellow. They absolutely love thistle and are so much fun to watch in the feeders! A lovely card for one of my most favorite birds!

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, DeeDee!! I love that pretty little finch and the colors are gorgoeus! Your papers are totally delicious!! Fabulous work!
hugs!!

My Cards