Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Merry Monkey Christmas?

Happy Wednesday To You!
So last Sunday I was feeling crafty, but wasn't sure of a theme to create upon...so I threw out a request on my Facebook page for my friends to give me an idea and one of them asked for a Christmas Monkey, there is a little back story to the request that is funny, but slightly off color so since I'm running a "G" rated blog...I wont share it here. LOL! The monkey is cut using my Cricut and the Animal Kingdom cartridge.
Originally he is holding a banana, but bananas aren't so Christmasy so I cut a candy cane from my Christmas Cheer cartridge. The Santa hat is from the same cartridge. I used Stickles on the hat and the candy cane to match the sparklee paper I used for the background.
This is a K and Co chipboard piece I got in a big pack last year along with a flower I cut out (using a MS punch) of more of my Thesaurus pages and then centered it with a sticky pearl. Here's a neat tip: See the scalloped thesaurus page under the chipboard? I folded it back and forth like a fan, held it tight and then trimmed one end in a rounded motion to create this scallop! COOL huh? I surprised myself that my snowflake cutting talents I learned as a girl came in handy! LOL!
I finished the inside to match the outside and Tah-Dah.....my very first Christmas card of 2010! YAY! It's a start! LOL! Have you started your Christmas cards yet?
Thanks for dropping by to see me today. Until next time, have a lovely day! HUGS! :)

Pin It!

4 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

ooooo...me first! Well I must say, you have intrigued me about the Christmas monkey story! LOL! He's adorable and love how you put a candy cane in his hand! Love all the sparklies. too! Fabulous creation, my friend!
hugs, Sharon

PeggyLovesVintage said...

I bet that Christmas monkey story is a real hoot - woops wrong animal lol.
Love how you changed the banana into a candy cane and the scalloped thesaurus page is an awesome idea. Very creative girlie!

Carole Beath said...

This is a cute cute monkey card. Love it.
Carole

Regina Easter said...

leave it up to deedee she can MASTER any challenge...totally cute..hugs

My Cards