Friday, September 25, 2009

Meet Mr. Jack O. Lantern

Happy Happy Friday!

Yep, this is Mr. Jack O. Lantern and I got this nifty fun idea from my sweet DT sister Penny. When I saw hers, I couldn't wait to make my own Mr. J.O. Lantern!
He's made using a paperback book, you know like those ole trashy romance novels...yea, that's the kind! LOL! What you do is, just fold the pages in half, starting at the front and ending up at the back, and when you're done...you'll will have a half circle.
I used my Cricut Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge and cut out a pumpkin (the one on page 49 of the manual) and used the negative face and the stem and vines.
For a more orange-y pumpkin I took my orange cats eye chalk ink and brushed the edges of the pages, then applied the face, stem, vines and the big green checked bow using some zip dry glue (love that stuff)!
I really like him and have him sitting in my living room just a smiling away! He's always happy no matter what! LOL!
I'll be making these to sell in my Etsy shop if any one's interested. Thanks for visiting me today, I hope you've enjoyed my little pumpkin man! See ya next time! HUGS!

Pin It!

5 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOh I'm first! Yea insomnia! This turned out sooo sweet! Really brought me back. I knew I should have bought those paperbacks at the garage sale. xxD

Sharon Caudle said...

This is so cute, DeeDee!! I really like how you inked the edges orange. What a cute idea for a decoration! Happy Friday, girlfriend! Love ya!

furrypig said...

That is just fantastic and sounds pretty easy to make hope I get a chance to make one thanks so much for sharing xxx

Kelly said...

This is SO CUTE Dee Dee! Looks like you really put a lot of work into it!
Hugz
Kelly :)

wendyp said...

omgosh! That has to be the cutest thing I've seen!!!

My Cards