Monday, March 31, 2008

Love Grows Here - BBTB Challenge



Happy Monday to everyone! This week Regina over at the BBTB site asked all of us designers to use the good ole George cartridge....she chose the sign feature for us to use and I was thinking really hard to come up with something....and I would usually make a card, but I remembered seeing this design in my Paper Creations magazine and I decided to try it! The magazine comes with printed patterns as a pull out, so I removed those and scanned in the pattern for the sunflowers.....then I imported into my BRAND NEW PAZZLES machine program.....I added a shadow to the sunflower shape because it didn't have one I felt like it needed one........the machine cut it out perfectly I might add.....this is one awesome machine.....imagine......this started out as a pattern in a magazine!!! I used My Minds Eye and Paper Studio papers, a bamboo skewer for the stalk, for the center of the flower I found an old button in my Mamaw's button tin.....then added some brown dew drops and covered it with diamond glaze, tied the leaves on with some macrame` jewelry cord, added my George sign with "Love Grows Here" printed on it from the computer......I "planted" it with a few round pieces of styrofoam in the darling little bucket I found at Hobby Lobby, added a bit of moss on top, tied a big ole brown bow around the tin and there you are.......Instant Mother's Day Gifts!!!! I really love how it turned out and I just know our Mama's will love them too!!! Thanks for stopping by today to look!!!!

Pin It!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

DeeDee this is absolutely amazing. I think this belongs on a cover of any of our fav crafting mags. Huge congrats on putting the George Sign on the map for us!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful girlfriend! I completely love how you jazzed up the button for the center of the flower! It looks amazing!!! And that ribbon is soooo yummy!!!! LOVE IT!!

Michele Kovack said...

Love this!!! It is adorable!!!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

this is beautiful!!

Jeni Glee said...

I, too, love how this project! Boy, you do such creative work!

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

I love what you have done with this challenge!!! The way you attached the leaves is just awesome girly!!! Hugs, T

Ivy said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous! What a pretty present...I'm sure the Moms will LOVE it!

Diane Noble said...

Very cute! That would definitely brighten someone's day! I love it. I need to do more 3-D designs. Love everything you did here--each little detail. Gorgeous!

Sherry Wright said...

This is gorgeous, what a wonderful creation.. love it!!

My Cards