Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Jack & Sally...Wrong Time Of Year?

Happy Wednesday!
So, what do you think? Is it the wrong time of year for Jack & Sally? In case you don't know who they are, they are from Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas.  My youngest son has a slight crush on the story and these two character's, so much so he has them tattooed on his forearms, Jack on the left and Sally on the right.  The reason this Valentine even came about is because for Christmas I made him this same print but a larger size on the old book page and then I framed it.  He loved it!  This is the first one I printed out and I can't stand to waste, so I created this Valentine with it.
I Googled the image and then re-sized it in my Printmaster program.  Of course from the story I just told you I had to enlarge it to fit the page I was working with the second time.
I used my Nestie's to cut out first the Kraft card stock scalloped heart and then the actual print with the regular heart.
I also made a paper rose and added some red glass beads and some tear drop shaped rain dots to add a bit of Eeeeek! lol!  It's so Jack & Sally though!
Lastly I added the red wrinkle ribbon for hanging and just this past Sunday I placed it in my Etsy shop for sale and yesterday it sold!  My son told me it wouldn't last long cuz there are more Jack & Sally fans out there than you know, but I had no idea he's be so right! Maybe I should make more?

Thanks for stopping by today. Please come again really soon, but until then...have a lovely day!  HUGS! :)

Pin It!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had to comment - absolutely love it!! I love all things Tim Burton :)
Would love to see more!

Carole Beath said...

DeeDee, I can't even get enough words to say how dang cute this card is. I love every single little bitty detail, girlie. Love it love it.
Hugs
Carole

PeggyLovesVintage said...

How darn cute is that! I love it and it just pops with the black/white/red color combos. I'm not surprised that it sold quickly - it's great!

Big Hugs!

Sharon Caudle said...

WOW!!! this is sooooo COOL!!! Love it! Hugs!

My Cards