Saturday, January 3, 2009

Valentines and Quiche

Happy Saturday Yall!!! How's your new year going? So far so good here. I'm still playing with the vintage images. I did a Valentine's Day card this time. I found this sweet image HERE at Clearly Vintage, she gives them away free...I'm loving her site!!!
I used one of THE CUTTING CAFE' round stamps from one of the Valentine sets. I cut out a scalloped circle with my Nesties and then added the circle stamp and a bit of bling.
I was on ClearBags.com the other day ordering some clear sleeves and envelopes and I came across something they called Ink Jetties. They come in several different colors. You put them in the printer and print right on to them. There is a smooth side and a rough side....you print on the rough side. Well, that sounded fun so I got some clear ones. I printed this image on one and it is the coolest thing!!! The roughness just holds on to the ink. Hard to photograph though!!!
I printed the Happy Valentine's Day on the pink paper under the clear page. I'm not quite sure how to glue these clear pages yet...so I just decided to punch holes at the top and run a ribbon through....this way the inside is decorated too. The little corner accent is a Miss Elizabeth's find from Dollar Tree. I just touched my pink cats eye chalk ink to the raised area to add a touch of color to the otherwise plain accent.
Does this look absolutely YUMMY? Oh it was too!!! I made this broccoli and cheddar quiche last night for supper. I got this recipe a few years back from a Kraft.com calendar I ordered from the site.
It is so easy and my family loves it!!! Well, actually they love it if I cook at all.....LOL....my boys are always so busy with their own social lives that they are rarely both in the house at supper time....so I don't cook much anymore. I do try to cook a big meal at least once on the weekend though.
Here's my plate....just a slice of quiche and a salad....good and good for ya too!! Of course my boys thought I was a nut case snapping pictures of our food. Heck, you think they'd be used to it by now!!! LOL!!!
Just look at all that quichey goodness....YUMMY!!!!!!! Okay, now for the recipe...if you decide to make this recipe and you and yours like it....please let me know!!!

Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
Prep: 10min. Total: 55min.

1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup each chopped onions and broccoli
5 eggs
1/3 cup Miracle Whip dressing
1/3 cup milk
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1 frozen deep dish pie shell (9 inch)

Preheat oven to 375F. Place vegetables in skillet sprayed with cooking spray; cook on medium heat 5 min. or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
Beat eggs, dressing and milk in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in vegetable mixture and cheese; pour into pie shell. Place pie shell on baking sheet.
Bake on baking sheet 40 to 45 min. or until center is set and quiche is golden brown. Let stand 10 min. before cutting into slices to serve.
Makes 6 servings, 1 slice each.
Okay, that's all for today...join me tomorrow for more card FUN! HUGS!!!

Pin It!

15 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful and yummy. Hee hee Happy week-end.

Robyn Weatherspoon said...

OMGoodness DeeDee! Your card is AMAZING!!! I just love everything about it! And I'm coming over so I can try that quiche! It looks soooo yummy!

Susan Edwards said...

Thanks so much for sharing the vintage photos. I visited the site via your link yesterday. I too thought the two girls would be adorable for Valentine's Day.

I love looking every morning to see what you have posted. You always make me say (to myself)..."Wow! If only I were THAT creative!" Thanks for the continuous inspiration!!!

Hugs!

Jen N said...

Wow! I love that card. Way to work with the vintage image...love, love, love it!

Jen said...

oh that looks YUMMY! I am going to have to try that for dinner one night. thanks for sharing the receipe.

Super card...loving what you are doing with these vintage images...I am going to have to try a few of those myself! thanks for sharing all the links!

Cora said...

DeeDee,
This is another beauty! I love the transparant look. I would like to post it on my blog Clearly Vintage. If this is OK please email me the photo at coraharkins@sbcglobal.net. I will of course give you credit and link it back to this site.
Thank you,
Cora

martita said...

yummy...

card as always awesome :) I can't belive that you already think about valentines ;)

Nikki said...

This is gorgeous DeeDee...I love the technique you used for the image, it came out beautifully!

I have something for you over at my blog.

:)

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh DeeDee, this card is gorgeous! I love the whole feel of it! Awesome work girl!!!! And oh yummo!!!!! Love ya!!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

That card is the sweetest DeeDee! The transparency stuff looks like loads of fun too and the vintage image is just beautiful. Love what you're doing with the printables. xxD

azLizJane said...

DeeDee:

Your Valentine's Day card is gorgeous! I love that image from Cora. I have used it as well in an ATC. Here is the link to my art: The Secret

Your work is fresh and beautiful and I will be checking back often!

Liz

Laura Davis said...

YUM!!! that quiche looks fabulous:) Your card is absolutely beautiful!!
Laura

Anonymous said...

It seems different countries, different cultures, we really can decide things in the same understanding of the difference!
Personalized Signature:我喜欢淮安掼蛋,靖江青儿,南通长牌,姜堰23张,常州麻将这些地方言游戏

Anonymous said...

I love this vard...it is so pretty! Thank you for sharing the sites!

Your quiche looks delicious, I have never had one but now I am very interested in trying it out. Thanks for the recipe!

Lee Ann said...

Love your work and loved the quiche.  I made it the other night and it was delicious. 

My Cards