Friday, August 5, 2011

Celebrate Good Times with a Dustin Pike Image

Happy Friday!
And.......Happy 23rd Birthday to my oldest Son!  Yes, 23 years ago I was in labor for 12 hours giving birth to my first son.  It was worth every minute of it too.  He's a sweet young man that loves his family and friends, has a kind and gentle heart and will keep you in stitches with all his jokes and impressions.  Yes, he's very funny and loves to make his Mama laugh.  I love you honey!

Now, on to his card that I had a blast putting together.  I used a Dustin Pike image and some freebies from Scrapnfonts.
I paper pieced Mr. Turtle's balloon and his shell with some matching papers.  Normally I make him an orange card cuz that's his favorite color. Even my youngest said, "why didn't you make it orange?"  Well, I don't know about you, but I've never seen an orange turtle and I wanted it to all match.....so green it is!  I think he'll still love it!
Isn't he cute? I always have so much fun coloring Dustin's images. It truly takes me back to my coloring book days...only then my Mama would have NEVER allowed me to have markers like these! Heehee!
Here are the colors I used to color Mr. Turtle.  I think I did pretty good with the shading on this image, but I'm not sure.  Let me know what you think.
I finished the card off by roughly cutting out the words and using a bit of chalk ink to highlight, then I randomly placed them along the sides of the card.  I added a few buttons and some twine and called it a birthday card.

I will be hand delivering this card later on today to the birthday boy!  Thanks for stopping by today, please come again.  Until then, have a lovely weekend!  HUGS!

Pin It!

9 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh how CUTE!!!! I love it! Especially the way you did the sentiment!! Awesome card DeeDee and he's going to adore it! How could he not? His Mama made it especially for him! Tell him I said "Happy Birthday!!" Love ya!!!

Carole Beath said...

This card is just darling...and of course anything Frog is my kinda card. I haven't seen a Dustin Pike image for a while so this was a treat and it's always a treat when DeeDee gives us some inspiration.
Hugs
Carole

DonnaMundinger said...

AWWWW, super cute! He's gonna just love it! Happy Birthday to him! xxD

Kelly said...

OMG this is so dang cute! Your coloring is fabulous and I love how you paper pieced his shell. Your son will love this cutie!

Jane said...

Great card DeeDee, I'm sure your son with love it. Thanks for joining us this week at Pike's Playground ~ Jane

Lelia Pierce said...

What a fun card! Love all the paper piecing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Pike's Playground!

XXX

Gramma said...

This card is so fun DeeDee... Dustin has some great images doesn't he? I love your shading!.. I am so horrible at it that I can really appreciate it being done well.
Happy Birthday to your son.. I'm sure he loved this card. Thanks for joining us at "Pike's Playground" this week.
Hugz,
Gramma

Ginny said...

Too cute :) Thanks for joining us this week at Pike's Playground

CraftyGirl said...

Cute, cute, cute. Nice work on your card.

Craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

TTFN,

CraftyGirl

My Cards