Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"Cutie Couple" Valentine Joy Fold Card

Happy Wednesday!
As you know I design for Peggy Loves Vintage and Peggy just came out with 3 new Cut Out sheets called Cutie Couples. They are all so adorable and even some funny ones too! I'm having a blast with my set! Be sure to click on the PLV link above for a special deal!

I learned how to make this Joy Fold card over the weekend and had to try it out. I really love how it turned out. I like making the interesting fold cards. To me it seems the fun folds become a gift within a gift of the already handmade card. I learned how to make this joy fold card from Mary over at Cardz TV.
This image is so stinkin' adorable! What do you think? The 50s?
I used a Kim Hughes stamp and then filled in the heart with Stickles. Gotta have bling on Valentine's cards!
In case you can't tell, I got my new heart shaped Nesties from Ellen Hutson in and I had to try them out! I love them! The little flower is an EK Success punch centered with a crystal rhinestone.
The papers I used are from Nana's Kitchen. I know, its not your typical Valentine line...but hey it worked for my card this time so I used it! LOL! Here you can see how the card folds up.
It's a very fun card to make and decorate, maybe you'll try one for yourself and find you like it just as much as I did! I will be making more of them in the future! Thanks for teaching me how to make them Mary!
Ok, that's all for today. Thanks for dropping in to see me and please do come back again! Until next time, have a lovely day! HUGS!

Pin It!

4 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

OMG, this is so stinkin' cute that I can hardly stand it! LOL!! I love the papers and colors. I don't care if it is from a line of kitchen papers! The colors match beautifully! You make me want to go home right this very minute and play! I ADORE these cute couples!!!! Fabulous card, DeeDee!!! Hugs!!

PeggyLovesVintage said...

I love it all - from the papers to the folds to the hearts! Awesome job girlie!

DonnaMundinger said...

Precious, hon! LOVE the papers you chose and I forgot about that fun fold. It's fabulous! xxD

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Such a cute, cute card! Love it & love Peggy's fun fun graphics.
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

My Cards