Wednesday, November 24, 2010

3D Turkey! So Ca-ute!

Happy Wednesday!
Guess what tomorrow is? Turkey Day! For me it will be a day filled with family and food. I love visiting with all my family that I normally only see once or twice per year on holidays!

So, how cute is that little turkey guy up there? The other day I was looking for a cute turkey in Google images and there was a card that some nice lady had made. I'm sorry to say that I can't give credit to her because for the life of me I couldn't locate her blog! So anyways, I studied her little cute card and decided I wanted to try one too!
While looking for the nice Lady's blog I discovered that this was a Stampin' Up idea where they used punches to create their turkey cards. I created mine using my Nestie circles, scalloped and regular. I call him 3D because I used pop dots in between the layers, so he's very dimensional! I just love how he turned out! His feathers are 1/2 of a scalloped circle that I folded into three sections. {It took me a few tries to get them to look right} The very back set of feathers {brown circle} is just a larger scalloped circle with the bottom trimmed straight.
I got this ribbon folding idea from Mary over at CardzTV. {she's on YouTube} She has some of the neatest ideas. The yellow background paper I made by simply typing Happy Thanksgiving several times in my Printmaster program and then printing it out on yellow paper. FUN and EASY!
I had plans of putting this in my Etsy shop for sale, but I brought it to work to show a friend and she purchased it right on the spot! That was easy...and no fees to hassle with either!
I hope you've enjoyed my 3D turkey guy today, he was lots of fun to make! Until next time, enjoy your family and friends at your Thanksgiving celebrations and have a lovely day! HUGS!

Pin It!

3 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh what an adorable turkey! Too cute, girlfriend! Wishing you a fabulous Thanksgiving! xxD

Sharon Caudle said...

Super cute, DeeDee!!! I love the idea and he is sooooo adorable and LOVE this idea!!!!
Hugs!!!

PeggyLovesVintage said...

How creative of you! He turned out absolutely fabulous! I love it!

My Cards