Tuesday, January 6, 2009

You're Da Bomb!

Happy Tuesday to YOU!! I hope your new year is going well. I made a resolution several years back to send all of my family and friends a birthday card. At that time I was purchasing my cards. Well, of course everyone loves to receive a birthday card in the mail...but when you send a hand made card....WOW, do they ever love that!!!
Even the guys in my family like it. My cousin's husband that I normally only get to see about twice per year made it a point to tell me at Christmas that he really appreciates my cards that I send to him and the rest of the family. That made me feel so GOOD!!!!
This card is for him...since he was so very sweet and was thoughtful enough to tell me that....I decided that he was "da bomb"! LOL!!! So I made this card for his birthday which was yesterday.
I made the medallion using my new Nesties. The bomb is from the Cricut Indie Art cartridge. I made the sparks with my new K & Co. glitter paper, the dotted paper is Bo Bunny and that yummy checkered paper is some new down loadable paper from RASPBERRY ROAD DESIGNS, the digi kit is called "Daisy Dew". It's not just the papers, you can get the all the embellishments too. Please do check it out...you'll love it as much as I do!!!

That's about all for today...thanks for dropping by to see me. Please join me tomorrow for more card FUN! HUGS!!

Pin It!

9 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Fun fun, this card is da bomb.

DonnaMundinger said...

Hilarious! Great guy card. He's gonna love it! xxD

Jen said...

This is darling DeeDee! who wouldn't want to get a card like that! Love it!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

VERY nice of him to tell you that he likes your cards! That is very sweet! I love this card. Sorry, but it's da bomb!!

EMTsweeetie said...

lol I love it! Totally a fun card. The details on the bomb are so awesome!

Sharon Caudle said...

this is so FUN DeeDee! Too, too cute! I love it!! hugs!!

Smita said...

Great card! And I love your resolution...! I had made a resolution last year to start sending cards to family... though I didn't succeed 100% but I did manage to send or give cards to quite a few. Hoping to do better this time. :-)

Love,
Smita.

Carole Beath said...

Great card, DeeDee...and congrats on being named on CARD OF THE WEEK for this card.

Enfys said...

Love it, what a great sentiment, and I love that little bomb.
hgs
Enfys xx

My Cards