Monday, October 27, 2008

Penguin Kisses - BBTB Challenge

This is my take on this week's Bitten by the Bug Challenge. Regina asked us to use the nut cup on the Cricut Tags, Bags, Boxes & More. She always seems to pick cuts that I haven't ever used which I love!!!
The gift there is cut out using the Cricut Celebrations cartridge.....the sweet little penguin is a sticker that I stuck to some card stock and cut around so the sticky side wouldn't be showing. I added some rhinstones to bling it up a bit more....all the glitter was already on this cute little penguin girl!!!!
For the flag I used the Cricut George cartridge to cut out the rectangles, then I stamped some snowflakes on it using my new glue pad and sprinkled them with red and gold embossing powder, heat embossed it and tah dah!!! Then, I stamped it with a sentiment from my set called Christmas Expressions from Cornish Heritage Farms....lastly, I added a little bit of fibers and it was a FLAG!!! LOL!!! I made the flag stand up by glueing a few pieces of styrofoam in the bottom of the nut cup and stabbing a wooden skewer in the center!!!
I filled it up with Hershey kisses and now it's ready to put a smile on someone's face. THANKS for coming by to see me and most of all...thank you for all the nice comments you leave every day!!! Please be sure to stop by the BBTB site and see what all the other designers came up with this week...you won't be disappointed!!! HUGS!!!

Pin It!

9 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is so cute! I love it! Thank you so much for always being the BEST Bitten By The Bug team member! I couldn't have done it without you!!

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

I LOVE THIS CUP!!!! You ALWAYS do such a great job on your challenges girl!!! Hugs, T

Kathy said...

Dee Dee, I just love this nut cup!!! the colors are so cheery and that penquin is too cute for words. Love how all of it just came together so nicely!!

Jennifer said...

ADORABLE!!!

Curt in Indy said...

That's what I love about you DeeDee! You don't mind jumping in with both feet on stuff that you are not used to using and come up with something that is just adorable! True talent! Best, Curt

michelle said...

So cute !! those penguins are the cutest !! wonderful job girlfriend !!

DonnaMundinger said...

So so cute DeeDee! Love how you combined the cricut cuts with the stamp and stickers.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Super cute penguin box. What a fun gift. :O)

Nikki said...

That penguin is too cute! Amazing job on the challenge!
:)

My Cards