Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Merry & Bright - Embossed Christmas Tree

Hi there!!! Over the weekend I worked at getting several Christmas cards and a Holiday Planner ready for our United Way Campaign at work this week. There are 4 different cards with three in a set with matching envelopes...this is the first one I wanted to show you.
I used my all time favorite Basic Grey papers.....I pulled out my new Cuttlebug embossing folder called "Lace Tree"...and after I embossed the yummy green paper....I lightly sanded over the raised parts to make the white core of the paper show through.....just a different way of "highlighting" or "accenting" your embossed piece. The merry & bright stamp is one of my new sets from Cornish Heritage Farms called "Christmas Expressions"...it has lots of Christmas sentiments in the set and I LOVE IT!!!! I wanted to stay with a very simple almost flat card....so whoever the winner may be will be able to send them through the mail without having to pay an arm and a leg....postage is so outrageous these days!!! Okay, that's all for the lace tree card.....check back tomorrow and I'll have another one to show you. THANKS for visiting me today.....HUGS!!!!

Pin It!

6 comments:

Ivy said...

Oh DeeDee what a sweet gift for those who will be receiving it. Your cards came out great!

EMTsweeetie said...

These are sssoo sweet! You make me want a cuttlebug so bad! Very beautiful once again DeeDee!!!

michelle said...

These are so cute DeeDee !! what a lovely gift they make !!

Laura Davis said...

Oh wow this is breathtaking!! That tree is Cuttlebug? What, I need that folder:)
Hugs,
Laura

SmilynStef said...

Fabulous holiday cards ... love that tree.

Bamabel said...

Oh love the use of that cb folder! I'm still waiting on the mail lady to deliver this one along with a few others. Man, I wish it would get here! LOL. Beautiful card!

My Cards