Saturday, March 22, 2008

Funny Card Contest & Caardvarks "Homegrown" Challenge




My sweet friend Sharon over at Grammas House of Cards is having a Blog Candy Contest....she's celebrating 10, 000 hits on her blog and she is offering up some yummy scrapping goodness to some lucky person. All she asks is that you make a funny card and leave a comment on her blog so she can see it......these are the two cards I made for the contest. For the first one I used some of my clip art I get from pc Crafter, Basic Grey paper, Prima Flowers, Cricut Accent Essentials cartridge, Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder, a little bit of ric-rac, Stickles and Dew Drops. For the second card I used my Cricut Doodlecharms cartridge for the watermelon, a Prima Flower, some black Stickles and some paper out of my scrap bin.....I'm also listing it into the Caardvarks "Homegrown" Challenge. Be sure to join in the fun and make a funny card and let Sharon know where she can see it......And post a card with Fruits or Veggies on it over at Caardvarks.....TFL!!!!

Pin It!

11 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

OMG DeeDee!! I love these!!!! That suck seed card is absolutely hilarious!!! And the friends card is just waaaay too cute!!! I love all the details in both of them! The scalloped edges that are punches are wonderful!!! Awesome cards girlfriend!!! Good luck!! Love ya!!

SmilynStef said...

Fabulous cards ... I love the "suck seed" sentiment ... just hilarious.

Rima said...

your cards are awesome DeeDee, very bright & a lot of fun!!
x
Rima

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

"Suck seed" is great - what imagination! Lovely fun cards.

Jeni Glee said...

These cards just cracked me up! You sure do nice work and "thank you" for the smile today!

Jolene said...

Your watermelon card is hysterical! It totally made my day. Thanks for joining us at Caardvarks!

michelle said...

DeeDee i just love your cards. these are both wonderful love the suck seed one very clever !

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fantastic work ,great card ,Dawnx

Ivy said...

DeeDee, you rock! These cards are just awesome! I love the saying on the card of the two friends...reminds me of someone I know! And I love the scalloped edges...how did you get them like that? And the watermelon "suck seed" is great too! You go girl!

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

hahahaha - these cards are adorable!! I especially LOVE the first one. SOOOO TRUE!!! hehehehe
Love ya girly!!!
T

Diane Noble said...

These two designs are too cute and funny! Love those two ladies! What a hoot! Great job on both. There you go, again...way out of my box and you pull it off so beautifully! You make me smile...you make me laugh...you make my day!

My Cards